Monday, March 20, 2006

Another lace novice


Hello all,

I just finished my first lace project, Susan's Branching Out scarf done in Noro Cash Iroha. Thank you Susan for the pattern, the clear instructions and the encouraging words that a beginner could knit this. At first, I was frustrated; every time I finished a row with the right number of stitches on the needle was cause for celebration. As the process became more understandable, the knitting more intuitive, I realised I loved this sort of knitting and wanted to try something lacier. When Susan commented that her Mountain Stream Scarf was really just a step up from Branching Out, I decided to join my first knit-along.

I went to a LYS for some KidSilk Haze, but instead they stock Douceur et Soie, which they assured me was virtually the same thing. However, Kidsilk skeins are 230 yards, Douceur et Soie are 225 yards. And the Mountain Stream Scarf directions say you will barely squeak by with one skein of KidSilk. I ended up purchasing a skein of the Douceur et Soie for another project, which I worked on all weekend. I have perhaps 5 or so yards left, so perhaps I will get back to LYS and get another skein, and start getting lacy.
---Dorothy

2 Comments:

At 10:57 AM, Blogger Laura said...

Dorothy, your Branching Out scarf is just beautiful! I'm looking forward to seeing how your Mountain Stream is coming along. :)

 
At 8:42 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

That is a gorgeous color.

Looks great.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home