Thursday, March 23, 2006

Another Newbie to the Group

My name is Sarah and I have been knitting for almost 20 years. I really enjoy lace. It is so satisfying to see it "open up" when you block it.

I am making this scarf for my Mom for her birthday. She lives in Minnesota.

The photo at left shows about 13 repeats of the scarf. I have 440 yards of Misti Alpaca yarn so I think I will keep knitting repeats until I am almost out of yarn.

I did try to start this scarf in mohair but mohair and I do not get along very well in lace knitting!

Looking forward to seeing everyones progress!!!!

3 Comments:

At 4:54 PM, Anonymous susan said...

It looks great, Sarah.

 
At 10:35 AM, Blogger margene said...

Sarah is is looking fabulous! I had to try 4 times to get going the right way with my mohair blend. You're moving along quickly.

 
At 7:31 AM, Blogger Birdsong said...

The color is absolutely beautiful! You are making such progress that it tempts me to start the scarf even though I am not very far along with the shawl:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home