Thursday, March 09, 2006

Excited to be a Member!

Hi Everyone, I'm Donna and I'm really excited to be a member of this group. I'm going to do the shawl but right now I'm deciding on what yarn to use. I have some Fleece Artist (I think thats what it is) in a varigated fall scheme. It is mohair so I'm not sure how this will work. What does everyone else think? Anyway, nice to meet everyone. I'm also hoping to learn how to use my digital camera for knitting pictures and learning how to post. I'd like to be able to share with all of you. Plus I think it helps if you make a mistake somewhere and you can show people! Again, thanks for lettting me join.

Donna

2 Comments:

At 2:11 PM, Blogger Logan said...

Hi Donna! I'm excited too, and having trouble deciding which yarn to use. I have some Fleece Artist in varying weights and fibres, but am leaning towards a solid colour, in a smooth fibre, as I just noticed the Peaks shawl has lace knitting on both sides - no relax and catch your breath row!

Looking forward to "knitting along".

 
At 2:30 PM, Blogger marie in florida said...

welcome donna. the mohair should work just fine. i prefer not to use verigated yarns for lace but that can work fine if the verigation is subtle. mohair sort of holds on to itself, making it a bit of a pain to tink but again it should work for this because the rows aren't very broad and you may notice a mistake right away.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home