Sunday, March 26, 2006

Knitting Right Along

Hello Everyone!

I'm Vera, and I won a copy of the Mt. Stream Scarf pattern from Susan. I haven't done much lacework, but this scarf is so lovely, and I need a challenge.

Here's what I have so far.

I've completed four body repeats on the scarf. I did have to frog back several rows to correct a mistake, and while the correction is not perfect (I actually corrected the mistake, but while tinking, dropped a couple of stitches, and didn't fix it right), I can live with it.

I'm using Knit Picks Shadow in the Oregon Coast colorway. I had started the scarf with Crystal Place Kid Merino, but the yarn kept clumping up around the nylon string, and that annoyed me, so while it was pretty, I gave up after one body repeat.

I'm starting to feel comfortable with the pattern now. I wish I has more "lace sense" to see more quickly when I make a mistake, but I know when the boarders begin and end, and I keep close count.

My goal is to do at least two more repeats today.

5 Comments:

At 9:58 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

That looks great and you can really see the pattern without blocking!

Must make it easier to "read" your knitting.

 
At 2:20 PM, Blogger Liz said...

Looking good, you really can see the pattern nicely.

I made a kiri shawl with the CP kid merino...I will never use that stuff again. The fuzz traveled around the main core, and made one big clump. Ugh...

 
At 9:19 PM, Anonymous susan said...

It looks wonderful, Vera. I just made a shawl from the Knit Picks yarn. Don't you just love it.

 
At 7:12 AM, Anonymous Colette said...

Lovely, Vera. I too won a copy of the pattern from Susan and have yet to start mine. I'd better get hopping.

 
At 12:02 PM, Blogger Colleen said...

Oh, thank god. I thought the problems with the Kid Merino were just me and wonky tension. Glad to know that it happens to others!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home