Friday, March 24, 2006

Mountain Peaks Shawl - Update

Hello all!

Last I posted I was waiting for my yarn order from Knit Picks and couldn't remember what color of Shadow I ordered. It did arrive. I ordered Grape Jelly - and hated it the minute I saw it.

Good news is that I found a yarn I love and I've started knitting.

I'm using Elsebeth Lavold's Hempathy in Cool Blue. It's DK weight - 41% Cotton, 34% Hemp, 25% Modal.

I've knit through Chart 1 once. I hit a bit of a snag when I started - or attempted to start - the second repeat because I was knitting from a black and white copy of the pattern and couldn't tell where the repeat area was. My downloaded pattern was on my work computer but I was off work until today.

Miriam came to the rescue via email (Thank you SO MUCH Miriam!) and now I'm several rows into the second repeat and moving along nicely. I hope to post a picture soon - even though I know, at this stage, lace isn't much to look at.

4 Comments:

At 9:54 AM, Blogger Miriam said...

You're more than welcome! :)

 
At 10:37 AM, Blogger margene said...

The yarn sounds wonderful! Can't wait to see pictures.

 
At 2:27 PM, Anonymous susan said...

I just saw that Elsebeth Lavold yarn for the first time at my LYS yesterday. It's unbelievably soft. What a great choice.

 
At 11:20 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Can't wait to see a photo. At least with other lace knitters is we can "see" the lace as you knit.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home