Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Mountain Stream Scarf Progress

Doucuer et Soie in Cornflower Blue is the yarn I chose for Susan's Mountain Stream. The bottom border went quickly and smoothly, until time to pick up stitches and start the body of the pattern. One must be very careful and make sure to count correctly, which I, apparently, did not. It took 4 (maybe 5) tries and then frogging to start the main section...again, before I was back on track. This has nothing to do with the complexity of the pattern, it isn't hard, and it is great for a fairly novice lace knitter, a knitter who takes the time to count carefully.

Susan has written a very easy to follow pattern, one that is interesting to knit and very pretty, too. After ending the third repeat I held up the scarf to admire my work and found a boulder was in the stream and had taken the water off course! To make matters worse, it was on row 3 of the third repeat. The process includes ALL that is knitting. The stream met the frog pond and now, a day later, is back on track... not back where it was, however...sigh.

3 Comments:

At 2:25 PM, Blogger Laura said...

Aww so sorry to hear of your trials with counting. You just had a birthday so I know you're not *old*. :)

The color you chose is so pretty!! My yarn should be here soon - I've chosen a dark color blue called "Stream" in Knitpicks Alpaca Cloud. I hope it's not so dark that I have a hard time following my stitches and counting - oh no!

 
At 2:32 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

I love that color!!!!

Pretty...looks just like a stream.

 
At 8:39 AM, Blogger marie in florida said...

in 20 minutes i'm going to go see if that red Doucuer is still at the LYS...if not then maybe blue but the red...maybe the red for Branching Out? gotta go get ready for the bus.
more later
marie in florida

 

Post a Comment

<< Home