Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Pattern Received

I have received the pattern and am ready for action! I have Helen's Lace in the Purple Iris Colourway and am going to try and wind a centrepull ball using a paper towel roll. I have lost the printed instructions for this but will "wing it" and see how it goes. I have been out of commission for over a week and forget-is there a start-by date? Also, did I see mention somewhere about a special way of printing the pattern? I am not a fast knitter, just a plodder who gets the job done. Eventually.
Pat

4 Comments:

At 6:36 AM, Blogger marie in florida said...

print the graph out as 'landscape' so the graph will be on the longwise of your paper

 
At 8:00 AM, Blogger Miriam said...

Hi Pat! The charts are meant to be printed on legal paper in the "landscape" format as marie said. This makes them easier to read than printing them on normal sized paper. Also, I would suggest if you aren't printing them in color, to make sure you go back on your printed copy and use a red pen or somethign to mark where the stitch markers go and where the pattern repeat lines are. It will save you a bit of a headache.

 
At 7:35 AM, Blogger Birdsong said...

I never caught that and my charts printed themselves this way... now, how do I go back and tell my computer to reset the file to print on legal paper? I may not do that as they are working for me; it's just me that is slow! It has been ages since I knitted with such fine yarn, and I am being very careful as I go, although the first eight rows were the hardest so far. It gets easier for me as I get to "see" the pattern unfolding.

 
At 9:02 AM, Blogger Miriam said...

Birdsong, when you open the "print" dialoge box where you can choose the printer or the settings, etc... you can choose to print only the pages for the charts and then click on "properties" or something of the like in that box and you should be able to choose the paper size.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home