Sunday, April 30, 2006

Pics for Mim, as promised...

Mountainpeaks

I promised Miriam that I'd model the finished Mountain Peaks Shawl. This was the best I could do (I'm feeling a bit camera-shy lately):

Edit

Now that I look at it, it's a little fuzzy, isn't it. Oh, well.

(Mim, you should be happy, I wouldn't put my bum on a blog for the world to see for just anyone.)

Every time I start a new project, I try to choose something that will force me to learn things I didn't know before. And, boy, did I learn a few new tricks while knitting Mountain Peaks! I got really good at tinking back, and then I got really good at noticing mistakes earlier so that I wouldn't have to tink back so far! Eventually I got to the point where I could tell when the knitting "just didn't feel right." I also learned how to read a chart, count, knit, think, and watch a movie all at the same time, which, for me, is quite something! And I learned that I REALLY enjoy campfire-orange (possibly even more than I would have enjoyed red!) Oh yes, and about that alpaca--it is good stuff.

Bottom line: I am still in awe of this design and how it all came together, and I think everyone needs to have their very own, made out of super-fine alpaca in their favorite color, whatever it happens to be at the moment.

Kim

aka Chef Messy

6 Comments:

At 8:47 PM, Blogger Laura said...

Wow Kim your shawl is so beautiful!! Thanks so much for showing your bum - don't worry it's half the size of mine. Which alpaca did you use for this project? Your photos nearly make me want to make this shawl after I finish my Mountain Stream Scarf. :)

 
At 5:04 AM, Blogger Miriam said...

Thanks Kim! Like I said... DEAD SEXY! ;)

 
At 5:05 AM, Blogger margene said...

FABULOUS!!! You and Mim do work well together;-)
And the bum is very fine, too.

 
At 5:52 AM, Blogger Chef Messy said...

Hehe, thanks everyone.

I used KnitPicks Shadow in Campfire. NICE yarn, and cheap too!

 
At 10:42 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Looks great and you did it with the help of a toddler!!!

Great color too.

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger adrienne said...

it is absolutely gorgeous. now you make me want to knit one too...bad girl!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home