Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Birdsong's Mountain Stream

I was so delighted to unpin my Mountain Stream from my blocking board this morning and wear it to work. There won't be much scarf-wearing weather ahead, just early mornings and high country evenings, but it is lovely and so is Susan for creating this wonderful pattern.


Here is the scarf blocked and drying... I made the pattern two repeats longer than stated, as I was using a different yarn, and knew I had plenty. It drapes over my shoulders on each side to a happy length, so I would buy extra yarn if needed to repeat the pattern in the future.


This close up really shows off the detail. I used Garnstudion Silke-Woole, which gave an especially "crisp" blocked outcome.

Now, onwards and upwards with Mountain Peaks!

2 Comments:

At 8:54 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Looks great Birdsong.

Love the dark color.

 
At 10:04 AM, Anonymous susan said...

It's fantastic, Birdsong. And how fun that you've worn it already.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home