Sunday, May 07, 2006

the pictures I promised

sorry, the weather recently has been horrible, but I finally got the pics I wanted!

Aren't they lovely? This is two of my ongoing projects holding my most recently completed project. Isn't it beautiful?

Well, here I am with my shawl. :-) it fits so well. I love it! Aren't the colors so spring-like?

Here's a great shot of the back patterning.

And here's a close up of the colors. I made it with laceweight handspun from Handpaintedyarn.com in the saphire purple colorway. I love this color in this shawl. It looks so much like a mountain meadow in the spring.

a big hug and thanks to my dh for taking these lovely pics.

7 Comments:

At 5:57 PM, Blogger Vera said...

Great job on the shawl. The colors works very well.

 
At 3:23 AM, Blogger Miriam said...

Monica! It's absolutely amazing! Good job!

 
At 7:22 AM, Blogger Dorothy said...

It's beautiful. What an accomplishment.

 
At 8:56 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

IT is gorgeous Monica.

So pretty.

 
At 6:13 AM, Blogger trek said...

The colors ripple like peacock feathers!

 
At 3:12 PM, Anonymous Teresa said...

Beautiful! You should be **so** proud of yourself!

Thanks for the inspiration to work on my shawl again.

 
At 9:07 AM, Blogger Birdsong said...

What an incredible colorway... and thanks for the inspiration. I am about to start over with what I hope will turn out to be a better yarn choice, and I will have to refer back to these photos when my spirits flag. Awesome job, and wonderful "ongoing projects".

 

Post a Comment

<< Home