Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Getting closer

I knit like a demon on my shawl this weekend. Got the pesky corner mastered, third time’s a charm, and continued on up the other side. I knit six repetitions of the border motif, and have six more to go.

It’s just magical to me how you knit along and suddenly, poof!, you have a ninety degree corner. Awe inspiring. Knit stitches are so smart. They know exactly what to do.

Since I love looking at close-ups of other peoples’ knitting in their blogs, here’s one for you. I got down fairly low with the camera, and took a side shot. You can sort of see where the lacey peaks point up somewhere inland from the edge.

If you want to see a couple more pics of this, see my blog.

1 Comments:

At 10:17 AM, Blogger Lucinda said...

You're really getting close now! I love the side shot. How much yarn have you used so far?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home